Sunday, September 30, 2012

Oh, Hi

Lots to update so I'm just going to jump right in! Today I am 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant!!!!!! So awesome, only one week until I'm in second trimester :) I'm about to start prenatal yoga and hoping to walk more since I'm getting more energy and not as nausea (thank you, Jesus). Let's rewind a little, shall we??

Before I post some bump shots I want to post a photo I took of myself the night before I started injects. I wanted a "pre IVF/baby" bump shot. I am glad I took it too because I did bloat quite a bit after our treatment was all said and done.


Then my IVF bloat just turned into good ol pregnancy bloat...plus I was on extra progesterone supplements which caused more bloating then the "normal" pregnant gal gets. Ahhhh...the power of hormones. Anyway, I felt like the bloat finally started to go down around 9ish weeks and I noticed a spot above my pelvic bone was starting to get hard. That was such an exciting moment, I remember pushing and touching it. I had Josh feel it and of course he couldn't tell. But I know my body better than anyone, and I could tell things were changing.

We graduated from MRC on 9/4/12.Oh my, was that bittersweet. I held it together while we were in the clinic but as soon as I pushed the button to fetch the elevator I cried. I couldn't believe it, we were done with MRC (for now). I will miss them so much but know that I can't stay with them my entire pregnancy. They were some of our biggest cheerleaders and their 5 star care and service was everything and more I prayed for. I could go on and on about how much I love MRC but I won't...for now anyway. And since I've now been away from them for nearly a month I an honestly tell you that my heart has been sad lately. I had my first 12w appointment with my OB here in town and I wanted to throw a fit on the floor like a child and scream "I want to go back to MRC!!!". But not for fertility treatments, because they "get it". They are so much more fragile and compassionate with infertile women. They understand the pain and roller coaster "we" go through to have a family that so many people take for granted. I saw two teenagers in the waiting room...it hurt. I still ask why???

That's just going to take a long time to work through, maybe even my whole life. It's between my heavenly father and I. But I will say, his peace and grace does surpass all understanding. I am thankful.

Here are some sweet "graduation" gifts we received when we graduated from MRC. I was so excited, totally not expecting gifts. And look at that onsie...cannot wait to put our newborn in that precious thing!!!





They also included a $100 coupon to a 3d/4d imaging center in Kansas City. Josh and I decided a long time ago though that we wouldn't do the 3d/4d thing, we're happy with a traditional ultrasound. I'm sure it's fun and really cool...maybe if we hadn't already spent so much getting pregnant we might think about it. But we're really fine with not doing it.

So here was my 10w3d bump shot that I meant to post on here and time got away (sorry!). I felt "wow I'm getting a little bump here" on this day.


And then last Sunday at 11w3d I woke up and put my hand on my belly to tell the baby good morning and I thought "wow this thing is really sticking out and it's MORNING!" So here is my bare belly shot at 11w3d.


So lately I've been lathering up on loads of cocoa butter...I better take stock in that stuff. That is no squishy belly...starting to wonder if I'm either going to have a big baby or if I just have a large uterus. As of Thursday at my 12w appointment I am up 5 lbs! I'm proud of that number, I expected it to be more. Not because of my diet (which has been pretty good...I really crave fruit) but because of the size of my belly. 

My final update is that we got a new (to us) car!!! We've wanted a Subaru Outback for a couple of years and we finally sold my car and bought a 2008 LL Bean edition. It's awesome and we love it. Last night I was able to test out the heated seats ::swoon:: How did I ever live without those?! Looking forward to winter (more than usual) so we can test out the AWD on snowy roads.




I'll post better photos later of the inside and out, these were just from my phone the day Josh drove it home from Omaha. We love our little wagon and are thankful that we will have precious cargo to put in the backseat in about 28 weeks.

Today is supposed to be my next "official" bump photo so I might add that later. We're trying to do those every two weeks. As of right now we're really looking forward to touring the Birth and Women's center on 10/11 and we'll make a decision where we're going to give birth at (hospital vs birthing center). We are so fortunate to have a birthing center right a cross the street from the hospital, so if we need to be transferred over it's just a hop, skip and a waddle away.

P.S. HAPPY FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update love! It's so nice to see you pregnant and happy. :)

    ReplyDelete