Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rambling & Photos-What I Do Best

Hey, hi, how ya doin?!? It's May! Can you believe that? Crazy to me, just seems like a few weeks ago that we had our first RE appointment. This is going to be a really fun and quick month for us. Our dear friend, Rachel, is getting married!!! She asked me to photograph her big day and I excitedly said "yes yes yes". I always cry at weddings, usually when the bride walks down the isle and the father (or someone special) gives her away. I usually don't know the bride (when shooting weddings), but I still cry. I am already preparing myself for an emotional day on Saturday. I have to hold it together, though Rachel is my friend she has hired me to do a job. I am determined to make this my best photographed wedding yet. It's a beautiful thing, marriage. I often think of how beautiful my marriage is to Josh and how darn lucky I am to have him. So, we'll be heading down to my home state of OK Friday night, wedding and festivities on Saturday, dinner with my dad and step-mom that night then taking my sister and her kiddos out for Mother's Day breakfast on Sunday.

I wish this weekend lasted longer, I haven't been to OK since December and really miss people. I'd love to spend more time with them but it's going to fly. I probably won't be able to make another trip down until August or September. But we'll make the best of it, I can think of a handful of people that I can't wait to squeeze! This month is Josh's birthday (he'll be 27) and my oldest nephew turns 16. Holy.Cow. Josh and Matthew share the same birthday, the 17th. Matthew is like a little brother to me, I was 9.5 years old when he was born and babysat him a ton. I LOVED hanging out with that kid, still do. I hate living out of state and missing some of my nieces and nephews grow up. I mean just look how much they change in just 6 years. Here are some photos of  my nephews and nieces (a few of them anyway) on our wedding day, 10/22/2005.

{Jordan, Freedom, Matthew (my oldest sister's, Crystal, kids) and Caleb (my brother's son)}

Now here are photos of the little rug rats this past fall, pretty much a 6 year difference.

{Yours truly and Jordan}

{Freedom and I on my wedding day}

{Freedom (yes, she was 10 in this shot)}

{Caleb}

{Matthew}

I have more nieces and nephews, but these are the ones that live in OK. I miss and love them like crazy. I'll get to hug their necks and give Matthew a big birthday kiss whether he likes it or not. I won't see Caleb though, just my big sister's kiddos this time. Speaking of sisters, here are my ladies. Melissa (or Mea) lives in Kansas City and Crystal lives in Muskogee, OK. Crystal is the oldest of us girls and is the hot mama to Matthew, Jordan and Freedom.

{Mea, me and Crystal}

Anywho...later this month we'll celebrate Josh's birthday. Can't believe he'll be 27! I have been finding some white/gray hair too ;) I'm ok with that though, he's going to be one of those guys that looks good with white or gray hair, like Anderson Cooper. Oh speaking of birthdays! Guess who turned 6 years old?!?!


This was the first year I forgot his birthday on his birthday. I almost cried last night because I realized his birthday was on May 2nd and we didn't even tell him happy birthday or take him to Petsmart to let him pick out a new two and some treats. I felt terrible and told him I was sorry and I'd make it up to him. I know he's just a dog but he really is my kid. I adore Luke, he is such a great dog. He has crazy ears that drive me nuts and a tail that is hard as a bat. Other than that he's awesome. So happy birthday to Luke this month too!

IF update: Not much going on right now. We're enjoying these last few weeks of no treatment and our lives not being consumed (any more than it already is) with IVF stuff. The end of this month I'll take Provera to induce a period (unless my miracle I get one on my own) and then go in for my baseline ultrasound on CD 2 or 3. Then I'll go on birth control for about 3 weeks to put my reproductive system in a "sleeping" state and start meds/injects ::ahhhhh:: mid-end June. We'll go in to sign a ton of consent forms and learn how to do injects in the middle of June.

I am so thankful that we decided for the month of July. It's not rushed, it gives us time to prepare and wrap our heads around everything, and we have no plans that month. Everything so far has seemed perfect about July. I'm getting excited about making a (high tech) baby (or several) instead of months and months of trying with no avail. Praying that God's hand is in every move we make and he blesses us with some very healthy embryos and my ute is nice and cozy for them.











3 comments:

  1. Crying, crying, crying! HAPPY TEARS!!! Oh how I love thee, Brandy Michelle! You bring so much joy to my heart and we can not wait to see you Friday night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you so much, sister. I had a happy tear morning too :) I like those because it means there is such a strong emotion and happiness that there are no words. See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brandi,
    My name is liz and work with your sister Melissa. I heard lots of beautiful things about you. Love all the pictures on your blog. You are my prayers. May the Lord continue to bless you and your husband abundantly. Wishing you both God's best. Be well.

    ReplyDelete