Monday, June 18, 2012

Upcoming Appointments & Important Dates

My thoughtful friend, Trina asked for the dates of our upcoming appointments so that she can keep us in prayer and just be mindful that it's an IVF day for us. That really meant a lot and I was thinking that maybe a few others would like those dates too.

Tuesday 6/26

  • 12:45 pm - Josh will do another semen analysis (we're praying for higher count and quality)
  • 1:00 - Injection Class (I'll be using my "voice recording" feature on my new phone for that!), review and sign consent forms.
  • 2:00 - Trial embryo transfer (ET). I'm really glad my clinic does this, makes me feel like I'll be a little less nervous on the day of. This will also help Dr. G know exactly where to put the little guy(s). Measure twice cut once :)
This will be a very important day and a long one too. We're expecting to be at MRC for 2.5ish hours.


Friday 7/6
  • 8:30 am - Baseline ultrasound and blood work to prep me for injects. Since I have PCOS and already have a lot of follicles I'll be very closely monitored so that I do not over-stimulate my ovaries with medication. At the end of every appointment I want to hear Dr. G say "everything looks perfect, Brandy...we're right on schedule."

Sunday 7/8
  • Start injects - treatment day 1

Thursday 7/12
  • 8:30 am - Ultrasound and blood work (treatment day 5) Just making sure my follicles are growing at the right speed and my lining is looking good.

Sunday 7/15
  • 8:15 am - Ultrasound and blood work (treatment day 8). Same thing, just making sure we're chuggin along. Since this will be on the weekend we may stay the night at my sister's house in KC Sat night so we don't have to drive in so early on Sunday. I haven't actually asked her yet but I'm sure she'll be ok with it ::wink wink::
Tuesday 7/17
  • 8:30 am - Ultrasound and blood work (treatment day 10). Now we're cooking!!! This will be a super important appointment. This should be our last appointment before the egg retrieval! It all depends on how the follicles and eggs are looking. This appointment will also let Dr. G know when we need to trigger shot. The trigger shot has the HCG hormone and will release all of my precious eggs after 36 hours. It is crucial that I take this shot at the exact time my doctor tells me to. Dr. G needs to get my eggs out before my body "naturally" releases them. I'm very nervous that I'll have to take it in the middle of the night alone. If I have to take it in the butt cheek then I'm going to need help. If it's in the stomach then I think I can manage. I might need someone to be there for moral support and give me a high five. I'll even accept a skype high five.

Egg Retrieval - After the trigger shot, my egg retrieval will be on the 19th or 20th. We don't really know yet because we don't know when I'll be doing the shot. I'm hoping the retrieval will be on Friday the 20th so that it'll fall right into the weekend and Josh can be home with me to recoup. Holy cow...as I typed that I just realized it's ONE MONTH AWAY. Eeeeek :)

I'll post more about the process of the egg retrieval when the time gets closer. That will be a very very important day for Josh and I both. That's the day we'll actually be making our babies. So romantic, huh ;)


Embryo Transfer - 1 or 2 precious embryos will be placed in my uterus. We haven't decided how many embryos to put in yet. This may be a last minute decision based on how many healthy embryos we'll make on the 17th. Even if they pull out 21 eggs (which is what I am believing for), it doesn't mean all 21 eggs will fertilize. The embryo transfer date is up in the air right now as well. It will be 3 or 5 days after the egg retrieval.

After the transfer I'll lay there for about an hour with a very full bladder and say over and over again "I'm pregnant until proven otherwise". We plan on watching some funny shows while we wait an hour and try to make the day a joyous one and not allow any fear, doubt, worry, anxiety or negativity into our world. We've gone through enough and we're ready to get off the roller coaster of infertility. I can picture Josh and I walking out of the clinic hand-in-hand just glowing...such a happy thought.

I'll be on bed rest for 3 days after the transfer. I currently have a long list of movies and shows to watch and books to read. I'm currently on the 5th (of 7) Harry Potter book. My goal is to finish reading the whole series before Aug 1. Josh and his dad are going to fix our downstairs half bathroom so that I don't have to go  upstairs every time I need to potty. Josh said he'd make me a cooler full of fruits, veggies, yummy snacks and water so I don't have to go to the kitchen. I will be parked on the couch and/or my bed for 3 whole days. Spoiled rotten. If you're a friend and/or family member who would like to watch a movie with me then come on over! Luke may appreciate a little frisbee throwing too ;)

the pup loves his frisbee...but be warned he drools and his tail is crazy

And that's all folks...that's how a high tech baby is made. Patience, perseverance, prayer and a little bit of science.








6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! And you're both in my prayers. As for the trigger injection, they just go in your stomach and the needle is so tiny you can hardly feel a thing. I've done it twice so far and barely felt it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! For some reason I thought the trigger was more like the PIO shots. Thanks for the prayers and support :)

      Delete
  2. I'm about 1 month behind you :) good luck to you and keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bran! I am so excited for you! I am sending up all my prayers that this works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy heck PM!!! I was *just* thinking about you this weekend! I hope you're doing well sweet lady :)

      Delete
  4. Today is a big day! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete