Sunday, July 8, 2012

Inject 1

I was fine allllll day long. Yes, it was the first thing I thought of when my eyes opened this morning. But I didn't feel nervous or scared. It probably helped that I received a heaping amount of lovely text messages cheering me on. Those texts really made my day and gave me more confidence. Today was a day that I needed that love and thoughtfulness, so thanks again!


Josh and I decided that 10:00 pm would be a good time to take my shots. I've been painting all night which served as a great distraction. However at 9:52 I realized it was time to take the Follistim (this will stimulate my ovaries to produce a bountiful amount of healthy eggs) out of the fridge (to get to room temp).



This is when I started to freak out a little. I'm pretty sure I said "we're doing IVF, we're doing IVF" a thousand times in my head. I was starting to sweat. I had no clue what to expect, I think I was just more nervous about the whole process...not just the shot. Josh and I headed upstairs to the bathroom and he assembled the Follipen that holds the Follistim. Then we were ready.

{this is my OMG is this going to hurt and YAY we're making babies face!}

It took me a few minutes to muster up enough courage to inject myself. Josh cheered me on and offered several times to do the shot for me. But I wanted to be a big girl and do it myself. I took a deep breath and jabbed my gut. And guess what...it was completely painless. I couldn't really feel it at all :) Afterwards Josh and I high fived, cheered, huged and kissed and he said "you're a champ, I'm so proud of you!" That was my favorite moment. We were all smiles and I said "we're making high tech babies!!!!!"

Josh left for work and I continued to paint. Then I could feel the inject sight, I'm assuming it was just the meds doing its thing. It didn't/doesn't hurt, just noticeable. So yeah, that was our exciting night of inject numero uno. We won't document all of them, we may document the last shot-the trigger shot. It's crazy to think that on 7/17 we'll find out when we'll do the egg retrieval. That's soooo soon and I'm beyond excited. Thoughts, prayers and good vibes are always appreciated! We're believing that my body responds perfectly to the medication and the side effects are minimal.

Cheers!



6 comments:

  1. Good job!!! It's not that bad, huh?! I was all worked up when I did my first Follistim shot too and then it was easy peasy. Sending lots and lots and lots of good thoughts your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Yeah it was so much easier than I expected. I'm thinkin of ya friend...Grayson is going to be here sooooo soon :D I can't wait to see his beautiful face. XOXO

      Delete
  2. Wow way to go girl!! Josh didn't microwave the Follistim did he? Ha!:) Believing the BEST for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no! I almost wrote something about him not microwaving it lol. Thanks for believing with us:)

      Delete
  3. So proud of you, brave girl!!! Praying for those follies!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the first one went well. :) It'll get faster and easier too. I remember looking in the mirror and watching myself inject my belly like a pro - "how did I get here??" Haha.

    ReplyDelete